CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

South Beach Update

This is for Judifree :) I am no quite sure how much weight I have lost at this point. I dont have a scale at home and I usually go to the gym late at night to work out and weigh myself then. Well my weight that late at night, depending on what I have eaten for dinner, is always different. I need to buy a scale. But, good news is my pants are fitting a lot better and I can definately tell my body is smaller and more firm. Yay for me!
The one thing that was hard for me for the first 2 weeks of the diet was that I had a hard time running for long distances on mostly protien. It seriously at points felt like my legs were 50 lbs weights. Now I can have a little more carbs so running is a lot better.
I feel good! Its a fun challenge to find new recipes and fun things to eat. And it definately feels good to be disciplined :)
Does anyone have good tips or recipes that they have done while getting back into shape? Judi - I know that people want to know how you lost 40 lbs on the South Beach. How long did it take you? What are your secrets?
As soon as I can weigh myself at a normal time of the day I will let everyone know the progress.

8 comments:

JudiFree.com said...

Kelli! Thanks for the update. Yay for you!!!

I just found a handful of recipes that I absolutely LOVED! I always made sure I had plenty of stuff to make those 3 or 4 dishes in my house so I was never in a compromising situation. I also went to "safe" restaurants when I first started - places where I knew they had an amazing salad or something else I loved.

After I got my confidence up it was easier to pick out good dishes no matter where I was - but that first month was critical not to have obstacles in my way.

Sweet Pea Potts said...

Kel, you always look smashing to me! You could wear a dress made out of paper bags from QFC and look like you just stepped off the runway so as far as I'm concerned just keep doing what you're doing and don't be so hard on yourself! I tend to think whenever you deprive yourself of something you love, you just end up craving it more so I'm not a huge fan of dieting. I'm not much help in that department, but I don't think you need to worry about it at all :)

Teresa said...

paul did the south beach diet to get his cholesterol down as well as his weight and it was a God-send for him. i know he has some yummy recipes and i'll ask him for those to shoot your way.

Unknown said...

My lifesaver was omeletts, though after I while I even got sick of those. But a good fluffy omelett with some melted in cheese, mushrooms a little avacado and ketchup on the side was a protein packed lunch that always filled me up :-) I also ate some Kelloggs protein bars for snacks, they were actually pretty good too. Way to go on your diet - the working out part is the HARDEST part for me.

Mama Mia! said...

Happy 30th, Darling!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday with your skinny little self! Love you and miss you and think of you always! Have a great day, my love! Love, Lei, Max and James

spicylatina said...

Kelli,
I miss you. It's Olivia. I read people's blogs but I am not savvy so I never know how to respond on mine or leave people messages. Looks like I figured it out!! Oh my goodness...marriage has made me eat like a pregnant cow!!! I have to lose weight too. Thanks for your honesty. I think you look great though! -Olivia

The Stockwells said...

Lis - thank you for the compliment! :) I totally agree with you about the dieting thing.....depriving myself only makes me want things more :) I havent been strict I have just been trying to cut back and eat more foods that are good for me. But I have been eating Pho and sushi which I love.....my biggest thing is just not eating everytime Curt eats and eating everything that he does...that has been my biggest problem. Ha!
You look fabulous all the time :) Im sure that you have never had to think about dieting in your life :)

The Stockwells said...

Olivia!!!! I am so happy to hear from you! I alway check your blog to see how you and Shane are doing. I am so happy that you are married and happy! He seems like a great guy.
Thanks for the compliment :) I see that you understand marriage and eating too :) Its so fun to have someone around to cook for and eat with and go out to eat with. Im glad you are having fun!
Curt and I are moving to Spokane....I would love to get together with you sometime and meet your husband :) Have fun in Cali!
Kelli